- Taking a look at the top performances of the week from former local prep athletes now at the collegiate level.
- Nick Bower homered and Daniel Naughton struck out 10 batters over five innings in Pendleton's 11-1 win over Hood River Valley on Tuesday.
- Pendleton, Hermiston and Mac-Hi track and field teams competed under the sun at the Kiwanis Invitational in Hermiston on Friday.
- This best performances of the week of April 11-17 for local college athletes.
- Pendleton's Jared Geier and Megan George earned top medalist honors while the Hermiston girls won the team championship at the PHS Invite at the Pendleton Country Club on Thursday.
- Pendleton claimed the series win over The Dalles on Tuesday with an 16-8 victory.
- Former Hermiston standout Mikayla Kopacz headlines this week's college athlete spotlight.
- The BMCC baseball team swept the Treasure Valley Chukars 2-0 and 8-7 on Wednesday.
- Kila Solomon went 3-for-3 with a home run and six RBI as Pendleton defeated Mac-Hi 12-2.
- Helix senior Sadie Wilson signed to play volleyball at George Fox University.
- An update on former local high school stars now playing collegiately this spring season.
- The BMCC baseball team split a doubleheader with Spokane on Wednesday, continuing its improvement into a solid team in its region.
- Pendleton, Hermiston and Mac-Hi competed at the Wildhorse Invitational on Monday in Mission.
- Mac-Hi defeated Stayton 6-5 and lost to Rainier 16-12 at its Mac-Hi Tournament on Friday in Milton-Freewater.
Thursday began as a normal day for me.
I awoke to the alarm clock on my phone chiming, and soon slowly started my normal morning routine. And then, while scrolling through my Twitter timeline and getting out of the...
- The Pendleton softball team clobbered the Kamiakin Braves 18-0 on Wednesday.
- Pendleton's Ryan Stahl threw a complete-game shutout as Pendleton beat St. Helens 11-0 on Tuesday.
- Pendleton pounded 18 hits and scored 13 runs as it defeated Sandy on Monday in the Red Lion Buckaroo Baseball Classic.
- Pendleton blanks the visiting Chiawana (WA) Riverhawks on Saturday
- The 2018 All-Area Basketball team, headlined by Pendleton's Kalan McGlothan as Player of the Year.
- Inclement weather ended the annual Buck Track Classic early on Thursday afternoon.
- Aspen Garton homered twice, Kila Solomon once as Pendleton thumped La Grande 12-2 on Tuesday.
- Miscues piled up on Tuesday as Pendleton dropped a doubleheader to Southridge (WA).
- Stanfield opened the 2018 season with a 12-2 win over Columbia White Salmon on Monday afternoon.
STANFIELD — Under a blue sky and a light breeze on a warm Monday afternoon, Stanfield/Echo junior Devan Craig put together a quiet performance in the batters box. He finished the day 0 for 1 with one strikeout but...
- With basketball season complete, the start of spring sports contests are only six days away here in Eastern Oregon.
- In Baker City, County Christian stunned Nixyaawii 56-54 to win the Class 1A state championship Saturday afternoon.
- The Pendleton Buckaroos fell to Crescent Valley in heartbreaking fashion in a first round playoff game on Friday night.
- Heppner's season came to an end with a loss to Grant Union in the consolation round of the 2A tournament on Friday morning.
- Heppner fell to Kennedy in the Class 2A quarterfinals on Thursday afternoon.
- The Nixyaawii girls team has won 55 straight games and hopes to make it 57 straight by the end of the weekend, which would ensure another undefeated season and state championship.
- A brief look at the first games of the Class 2A basketball tournament in Pendleton this weekend. Action begins on Thursday afternoon at the Convention Center and at Pendleton High School.