Gubernatorial candidate Sam Carpenter ran into some stiff criticism for his views on public employee unions, immigration and President Donald Trump when he visited Hermiston’s Hispanic Advisory Committee on Monday...
- Recent high-profile cases lead Hermiston Warming Shelter board member to ask questions
- Echo’s city council meeting Thursday included a vote for a new councilor and discussions on a wastewater project, an application for annexation and a new taxing district.
- Al Davis moved from Kansas to run the Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center.
- A two-day Cinco de Mayo Celebration will take place May 5-6.
- Now that the city of Hermiston has taken over full ownership of the Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center, it will also take on the responsibility of responding to complaints about the facility.
- The project will include a 1 million gallon water tank at the corner of Northeast 10th Street and Punkin Center, plus 2.25 miles of water mains.
- Parking lot, kitchen still need finishing touches in new Hermiston senior center
- The Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center starts a new chapter under full ownership of the city of Hermiston.
- The council will tour the Harkenrider Center in a 6 p.m. work session before the regular council meeting.
- In light of past school shooters pulling fire alarms, Hermiston Police Department will respond to unexpected alarms at schools in protective gear.
Hermiston will have four contested city council races during the May election, not three.
After the filing deadline passed Tuesday night, a list provided by city hall after a public records request inadvertently le...
Eastern Oregon University has always been a home for students looking for a smaller, more rural college experience in Oregon, but that role is now official.
The La Grande-based university has been designated by the...
- Umatilla Together has won the 2018 American Institute of Certified Planners Student Project Award.
Three of Hermiston’s four city council races are contested this year.
Only Shean Fitzgerald, husband of current councilor Clara Beas Fitzgerald, is running unopposed after the deadline for filing passed Tues...
- The Greater Hermiston Area Chamber of Commerce is getting $1 million for a new building.
- Residents along East McKinney Avenue are trying to figure out how to pay for filling in the huge potholes that have been there for more than a year.
- Senate Bill 1562, co-sponsored by Sen. Bill Hansell, goes to House vote Friday
- Funds are available for purchase of “fractionated” lands with multiple owners.
- Hermiston’s downtown district has added more than $8 million in assessed value since the creation of the Hermiston Urban Renewal Agency.
- A fire at a dehydration plant in Stanfield was one of several fires Umatilla County Fire District #1 responded to in the last three days.
- Eastern Oregon residents could be without basic necessities for weeks if a catastrophic earthquake strikes.
- Hearings on addiction in D.C. will begin next week
- Yarn Club meets Saturdays and Thursdays at the Hermiston Public Library.
The decor through most of Two Rivers Correctional Institution is bleak.
Long, bare corridors made of cement floors flanked by off-white walls stretch endlessly through the prison.
In the medical area, it...
- The Stanfield city council meets Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the city council chambers, 150 W. Coe Ave.
- Disability Rights Oregon criticizes the Oregon Department of Transportation for lack of ADA-compliant curb ramps along state highways.
- A federal prosecutor nominated to fill a judge's vacancy is under fire after opinion pieces he wrote as a college student mocking multiculturalism surfaced
- An injured dog’s rescuers are looking for answers about where he came from and who shot him.
- The North Fork of the Walla Walla River is flowing through Ginger and Brian Afdahl’s property, but government regulations won’t allow them to push it back to its original channel.
- Director Greg Smith says new EPA requirement could add four to seven months
- Mark Gomolski is a member of the school board for Hermiston School District.
- Traffic will be disrupted around city hall through May.
- The former Umatilla Chemical Depot will be home to a National Guard training facility.
- Festival street construction begins Thursday
- Hermiston customers can track hourly water and power usage.
- The next Red Cross blood drive in Umatilla County is Monday in Milton-Freewater.
- The city of Hermiston and Kayak Public Transit are trying to spread the word about the free public bus system.
- A reuse project by the city of Hermiston inspired a new Umatilla water project.
The city of Hermiston will become the sole owner of the Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center on March 1 — if everything goes according to plan.
The city council and Umatilla County Commission each voted una...