When her children were younger, Cherylene Wallace felt like she didn’t have enough hands to juggle her kids and their cups and bottles.
Wallace and a friend bounced some ideas off of each other until they came up with The Cup Corset, a reversible cup holder with a strap that allows the user to keep their hands free while on the go.
Since moving from Richland, Washington, to Pendleton four years ago, the business went mostly dormant before she decided to revive it this year.
Wallace created a new website, obtained a business license from the city in September and will now appear at various bazaars and outdoor marketplaces throughout Pendleton.
In addition to her original creation, Wallace also sells corsets for mason jars and ice cream pints.
Wallace said some of the places she’ll sell her wares this year are bazaars at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, the Pendleton Early Learning Center and Altrusa.
The Cup Corset is one of seven business licenses the city of Pendleton issued in September. Below are the rest of the business names, their physical or mailing address and their owner or contact person.
• Robert Alan Property Management Inc., 127 S.W. Emigrant Ave. #1,, Pendleton, Robert Alan
• Face Lingerie Duo, 1201 N.W. Carden Ave., Pendleton, Leah Rogers
• Auralcare Hearing Centers of America LLC, 248 S.W. Dorion Ave., Pendleton
• Heather Ficken, 84771 Dorran Road, Helix
• Point Monitor Corp., 5863 Lakeview Blvd., Lake Oswego
• Paldin Professionals, 909 NW Bailey Ave, Suite 7, Pendleton, Nathan Goud