PENDLETON - Pendleton Parks and Recreation is offering free Aquatic Center swim passes for the 2009 season for families with an unemployed head of household receiving unemployment benefits. Interested parties must complete a City of Pendleton Season Pass and Scholarship application form, available at the Parks office, 865 Tutuilla Road, between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Applicants also must show a Claim Summary from the Employment Office and a copy of their most recent Federal tax return (forms and documentation must be brought to the office; do not mail).

Family members on the pass will be strictly limited to those claimed on the Federal tax return, and the program is limited to residents of the city of Pendleton. For more information, call the Parks office at 541-276-8100.

- Renee Struthers-Hogge


Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.