Fire burns out Pendleton residents

An apartment at 104 SE Goodwin Avenue in Pendleton caught fire Tuesday morning. According to Pendleton Fire Department, one person was taken to St. Anthony Hospital.

Fire gutted most of a Pendleton home Tuesday morning, sending two people to the hospital.

Terra Miller, 25, and her small child escaped the blaze at 104 S.E. Goodwin Ave. about 9:41 a.m., according to Pendleton Fire Department.

Miller, along with a small child, was transported to St. Anthony Hospital for evaluation.

The house was badly damaged. Four people adults one child and two pets lived there, according to the American Red Cross.

The cause of the fire was investigated by the Pendleton Fire Department and the Oregon State Fire Marshal’s Office. They determined it was an accident, and may have been cause by an electrical system overload or failure.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.