House Fire

Pendleton firefighters remove a burned television Tuesday morning from a house fire at 503 S.W. Seventh St. Assistant Fire Chief Shawn Penninger said a U.S. Postal Service letter carrier, at about 8:50 a.m., saw smoke coming from the second story apartment and called 911. No one was home, and crews found fire in the structure but soon had it under control. Smoke damaged the apartment but did not damage the first floor. Penninger also said an overloaded or faulty power strip caused the fire.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.