IONE — A house fire in Ione on Thursday left six people without a home.

Ione Rural Fire Protection District Chief Virgil Morgan said the department was paged at about 4 a.m. Thursday to a home on South Cherry Street, and the home was fully engulfed when they arrived.

The residents of the home had been inside when the fire started, but everyone got out of the house safely. Morgan said they think the cause of the fire might have been electrical issues in the home, but have not confirmed an official cause. 

Reporter

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.