Riverview Return

Debris remained snagged on the porch of a mobile home at the Riverview Mobile Home Estates in eastern Pendleton after floodwaters receded on Saturday morning.

UMATILLA COUNTY — Umatilla County is asking for people impacted by the floods to report all damage through its online portal by Thursday at noon, according to a press release.

“It’s extremely important that our community members assist each other in getting damage reports submitted,” said Umatilla County Undersheriff Jim Littlefield.

“If your neighbor doesn’t have internet access, or has a hard time getting around, walk over there with your mobile phone. Take some photos and use the website to walk them through the process.”

This information will be used to demonstrate the widespread impacts to the community and to request additional financial support from the federal government, however, those impacted should still report damages to their insurance companies as well, the release said. Some people affected by the flood may need to fill out multiple forms depending on the nature of their losses

According to an additional press release, businesses and individuals who need assistance in filing their reports can reach out to the following locations for help: Pendleton City Hall, Milton-Freewater Public Library, Umatilla Public Library, Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office, Echo City Hall, Weston City Hall.

Though the phone line has limited staffing, those needing assistance can also call the Umatilla County Flood Information Line at 541-966-3671.

The release advises to take time-stamped photos with notes and to collect receipts of anything damaged. Damages should then be reported to insurance companies, and then submitted through the county’s online portal: https://tinyurl.com/w4838tq.

A webpage with flood information and resources has been set up on the county’s website, co.umatilla.or.us, and updates will continue to be posted to the Facebook page of the Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office.

Three local organizations are collecting cash donations.

Community Action Plan of East Central Oregon (CAPECO) in Pendleton is taking donations on its website, http://www.capeco-works.org/, or by phone at 800-752-1139.

The Blue Mountain Community Foundation is collecting donations in the Milton-Freewater area. People can donate on its website or by calling 509-529-4371.

The Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation are accepting donations by check at 46411 Timine Way, Pendleton, OR 97801.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.