TUMWATER, Wash. (AP) — Authorities have identified a woman who died in a fire at her Tumwater home Tuesday.

The Olympian reports 64-year-old Karen L. Clark died at the scene, according to Tumwater Fire Chief Scott LaVielle.

Fire crews were dispatched about 1 p.m. to the blaze.

They found Clark unconscious and unresponsive inside the home near a backdoor.

Medics tried to revive her for about 20 minutes. LaVielle said she likely died from smoke inhalation.

Authorities say the fire is believed to have been caused by flammable materials placed too close to a wood stove, the primary source of heat in the home.

___

Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.