We read the article by Terry Murry in the Wednesday edition of the East Oregonian regarding winter and some of the hazards associated with it from the standpoint of our relationship with our vehicles.

Most of the article was done well and was informative.

However, we did want to caution readers regarding spraying antifreeze on locks, doors, and windshield wipers (as attributed to Earl Baker, AAA Portland).

We want your readers to know that antifreeze is a very poisonous liquid to pets and even in some cases small children.

If you choose to utilize this method, please try to prevent liquid from reaching the ground by dabbing up any excesses and making sure the area is secure from neighborhood pets and children.

There are other methods (some discussed in the article) that we and our environment would prefer.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.